Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Hemessen, Jan Sanders vanDate of birth and death: c. 1500-1556
Nationality: FlemishUploaded artworks: 16
Jan Sanders van Hemessen (c. 1500 â€“ c. 1566) was a Northern Renaissance painter. He was born in Hemiksem, then called Hemessen or Heymissen. Following studies in Italy, in 1524 he settled in Antwerp. A mannerist, his images focused on human failings such as greed and vanity. Like his daughter, Catarina van Hemessen, he also painted portraits.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.