Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Whitaker, William (1943 -)
Movement: New-Figuration / New-Academism
Technique: Oil on canvas
Museum: Private collection
Location: No info
A caryatid is a sculpted female figure serving as an architectural support taking the place of a column or a pillar supporting an entablature on her head. The Greek term karyatides literally means "maidens of Karyae", an ancient town of Peloponnese. (Wikipedia)
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.