Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Velde, Adriaen van de (1636 - 1672)
The HutDate: 1671
Technique: Oil on canvas
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Size: 76 x 65 cm,
Notes: Adriaen chose to landscapes, which he did at least as well as his father and brother did in their genre. He was also a magnificent painter of figures and animals which he included in his compositions in a carefully balanced way.
Adriaen van de Velde made many preliminary studies, generally in red or black chalk, of cows oxen, sheep and landscapes going out into the countryside. He used these studies for his painted compositions.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.