Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Sogliani, Giovanni Antonio (1492-1544)
Multiplication of the Loaves and FishesDate: 1536
Theme: New Testament
Museum: Uffizi Galleries
Drawing, black chalk and white on prepared paper
217 x 335 mm
Sogliani received a commission for a fresco in the large refectory of San Marco in Florence. According to Vasari, Sogliani produced a design of his own accord of the Multiplication of the Loaves and Fishes to which the friars objected. Sogliani had neither the will nor the prestige to fight them and gave in, finally producing a more pedantic and restrained subject, entitled St Dominic and his Friars Fed by Angels.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.