Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Scheggia (1406 - 1486)
A TournamentDate: not dated
Museum: Ashmolean Museum
Supplement of technique: tempera and gilding on panel,
Size: 44 x 164 cm,
Notes: The brother of Masaccio, Lo Scheggia was an eclectic artist who painted numerous works for domestic settings. This type of decorative, ceremonial subject is often found on cassone panels. Although the picture is much abraded, it has sufficient affinities with the mature work of Lo Scheggia to make the attribution convincing.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.