Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Provost, Jan (1462/5 - 1529)
CrucifixionDate: c. 1500
Movement: Renaissance (Northern)
Theme: New Testament
Technique: Oil on wood
Size: 121 x 62 cm,
Notes: The narrow painting of the Crucifixion was probably done no later than around 1500. The style remains very sedate and the broad folds of the drapery and saturation of the colours still owe a great deal to the Flemish Primitives.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.