Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Polidoro, da Lanciano (c. 1515 - 1565)
Christ and the AdulteressDate: not dated
Theme: New Testament
Technique: Oil on canvas
Museum: Museum of Fine Arts
Size: 163 x 202 cm,
Notes: There are several motifs reminiscent of the Roman Empire in this painting. The foreground is separated from the background, on the right by a fragment of the Colosseum arches while in the rear in a mountainous region, the well-known silhouette of the Colosseum appears. The soldier on the right wears a chased suit of armour.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.