Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Leonello d'EsteDate: 1444
Technique: Other/Unknown technique
Museum: Palazzo Ducale
Size: diameter 6,7 cm
In addition to being a painter of panels and frescoes, Pisanello was an innovative bronze-cast medalist. If he did not discover the genre, he was undoubtedly its first effective exponent, although he signed his medals as a pictor (painter). The blindfolded cat on the reverse of Pisanello's medal of Lionello (Leonello) d'Este, is surely a reference to Lionello's name: little lion.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.