Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Pietersz, Pieter (1540-1603)
Poor Parents, Rich ChildrenDate: 1599
Movement: Renaissance (Late, Mannerism)
Technique: Other/Unknown technique
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Technique: Oil on panel
Size: 61 x 163 cm
At first sight, this appears to be a family portrait on a sunny terrace in a luxury villa. Three generations are depicted: the aged parents, their son and his wife, and their fashionably dressed children. But there is something strange going on. The old woman appears to be crying and the old man has removed his hat in deference. They have come to ask their son for money.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.