Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Mura, Francesco de (1696-1782)
Tobias and the AngelDate: Not dated
Theme: New Testament
Technique: Oil on canvas
Museum: Ashmolean Museum
Size: 21 x 17.3 cm
Guided by an angel, Tobias cured Tobit's blindness with an ointment made from a fish. The subject occurs a number of times in the work of de Mura and his pupils. The silvery tonality, delicate handling and figure types have affinities with paintings of the 1740s by the master. Attributions to Pietro Bardellino and Francesco Celebrano have also been suggested.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.