Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Millais, Sir John Everett (1829-1896)
Pizarro Seizing the Inca of PeruDate: 1846
Technique: Oil on canvas
Museum: Victoria and Albert Museum
Dimensions: 128.3x171.7 cm
The unusual subject of this painting is the capture of the Inca emperor Atahualpa by the Spanish conquistador Francisco Pizarro in 1532. As a model for Pizarro, Millais used an actor who had recently appeared in a play of the same name. Millais was only 16 when he painted this work.
(from the museum's homepage)
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.