Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Miereveld, Michiel Jansz. van (1567-1641)
Prince Maurits, StadhouderDate: 1615-20
Technique: Oil on wood
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Size: 220 x 140 cm
Maurits is represented in the gilded suit of armour the States-General had given him for his military victory at Nieuwpoort in 1600. The portrait thus makes claims for the Stadhouder's indispensability to the States-General and the Republic. Van Miereveld's studio produced numerous paintings of the prince.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.