Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Maffei, Francesco (1605 - 1660)
The Adoration of the ShepherdsDate: c. 1650s
Theme: New Testament
Technique: Oil on canvas
Museum: Ashmolean Museum
Size: 72 x 95 cm,
Notes: Bassano, Tintoretto and Veronese were important influences on Maffei's art, while his mature work is rich in drama, brilliant colour and imaginative innovations. The adoration of the shepherds with its characteristically sketchy handling, probably dates from the 1650s, with the artist paying homage to Bassano both in the design and figure types.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.