Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Lingelbach, Johannes (1622 - 1674)
Peasants DancingDate: 1651
Technique: Oil on canvas
Museum: Metropolitan Museum of Art
Location: New York, NY, USA
Size: 67.3 x 74.9 cm,
Notes: This painting, one of Lingelbach's earliest dated works. The scene creates the impression of a Flemish festival moved to the Roman Campagna. The influence other painters who had been active in Rome, in particular Pieter van Laer, Jan Miel, and Michelangelo Cerquozzi, is well illustrated here.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.