Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Koerbecke, Johann (ca.1420-1491)
Assumption of the VirginDate: about 1457
Movement: Renaissance (Northern)
Technique: Oil on wood
Museum: Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza
93 x 64 cm
This panel was once part of the high altar in the Cistercian abbey church of Marienfeld at MÃ¼nster. At its center was a richly gilded sculpture of the Virgin and Child. Folding wings extended from this core with pictures on the fronts and backs. When the shutters were open, eight scenes revealed the story of Mary's life. In the closed positions, eight other subjects recounted Christ's Passion.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.