Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Jacopo, del Sellaio (c. 1441 - 1493)
Esther before AhasuerusDate: 1470s
Theme: Old Testament
Museum: Museum of Fine Arts
Size: 45 x 43 cm,
Notes: Originally this painting was for the short side of a wedding chest (cassone). The scene for the Old Testament event is an area of a palace open toward the courtyard. The rear of the courtyard is closed off by a building having an open staircase, two blind arcades and an open one. Through the open arcade and above the terrace, located above the arcade, we can see the open sky.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.