Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Innes, George (1825 - 1894)
Sunset in the WoodsDate: 1891
Movement: Hudson River School
Technique: Oil on canvas
Museum: Corcoran Gallery of Art
Location: Washington, DC, USA
Size: 48 x 70 in.,
Notes: The subjectively painted landscapes of Inness and his peers interpreted rather than recorded rustic views, their rich palettes, loose brushwork, and inventive use of light evoking palpable atmospheric effects and, above all, a strong sense of mood.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.