Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Goya y Lucientes, Francisco de (1746-1828)
A Walk in AndalusiaDate: 1777
Technique: Oil on canvas
Museum: Museo del Prado
Dimensions: 275 x 190 cm
The popular dress worn by majos and majas was thought to have originated amongst the gypsies of southern Spain. Adopted by the people of Madrid at first for May Day festivities, in the 18th century it became a sort of national costume and a form of protest, too, against French influence.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.