Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Virgin and Child with SaintsDate: 1530-32
Technique: Oil on wood
Museum: Galleria Borghese
62 x 82 cm
At the sides of the Virgin are the Archangel Michael and St Joseph, while behind her Anne and Joachim can be seen. In the painting the formal models derived from Raphael are fused with the characteristics of intense drama typical of the art of Dosso Dossi with whom Garofalo worked together in the church of Sant'Andrea in Ferrara around 1527.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.