Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Gabo, Naum (1890 - 1977)
Construction in a NicheDate: 1930
Museum: Tate Modern
Medium: Plastics, metal and wood,
Size: 610 x 279 x 584 mm,
Notes: This construction is an enlargement of the left-hand section in Model for 'Double Relief in a Niche' (1929-30). Despite its mechanistic appearance, it was designed for a domestic setting, though the project was never realised. Gabo's works for niches developed from his early interest in sculptures. Here, the curved and rigid forms define the space within and beyond the box.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.