Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Frize, Bernard (1954-)
Movement: Abstract Expressionism
Museum: Tate Modern
Dimensions: 254,5 x 361,5 cm.
Frize lays his canvases on the floor, and works on them at speed. He is less concerned with the creation of a meaningful image, than the process of painting itself. In Spitz (ÔÇśsharpÔÇÖ or ÔÇśpointedÔÇÖ in German) he laid out the lines in red crayon and then coated the canvas in a liquid resin. The paint was laid into the wet resin, with colours bleeding and merging as he worked. Having set the process in motion, therefore, Frize allowed it to determine the final composition.
(from the museums homepage)
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.