Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Fang, Lijun (1963-)
30th MaryDate: 2006
Movement: Cynical Realism
Theme: Other/Unknown theme
Technique: Oil on canvas
Museum: Private collection
Location: No info
400 x 525 cm
Reminiscent of European church ceiling paintings, Fang portrays an order of ascendancy of same-same kewpie figures, each based on his own image. Executed with painstaking hyper-realism, the clouds formulate as a tempestuous funnel rather than a portal of billowing promise. Contrasted with the kitsch palette and pop rendering of the grotesque cherubs, Fangâ€™s painting approaches the sanctity of ideological assurance with an empathetic cynicism.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.