Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Delaroche, Paul (1797-1856)
The Temptation of Saint AnthonyDate: ca. 1832
Technique: Oil on cardboard
Museum: Wallace Collection
Size: 20 x 16 cm;
Probably painted ca.1832. Saint Anthony Abbot, the father of monasticism, died in 356 A.D. at the age of 105, after a life of self-denial. While living with a group of hermits he overcame a series of temptations devised by Satan, including beautiful women who tried to lure him into sin.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.