Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Crespi, Giuseppe Maria (1665-1747)
The Scullery MaidDate: 1710-15
Technique: Oil on canvas
Museum: Uffizi Galleries
iuseppe Maria Crespi's genre painting often touched on intimate domestic moments. This painting is from his Florentine period. Thanks to Duke Ferdinand de' Medici's patronage he had been able to make direct contact with Magnasco and to get to know Flemish painting. But he went beyond these influences in the delicate way he defined the light which reveals the objects in the kitchen to the viewer one by one.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.