Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Church, Frederic Edwin (1826 - 1900)
Storm in the MountainsDate: 1847
Movement: Hudson River School
Technique: Oil on canvas
Museum: Cleveland Museum of Art
Location: Cleveland, OH, USA
Size: 75.5cm x 62.8 cm,
Note: The painting suggests that all life, like the tree, is fragile, easily destroyed by natural forces. In this early work, Church paid tribute to his teacher Thomas Cole, who painted very similar blasted tree trunks.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.