Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Brooks, James (1906 - 1992)
Number 13Date: 1965
Movement: Abstract Expressionism
Museum: Dallas Museum of Art
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Size: 58.42 x 73.66 cm,
Technique: Ink, gouache, and paint on Strathmore paper,
Note: Throughout the sixties the number of compositional elements in Brooks' artworks decreased. The frenetic movement of his earlier works also relaxed. The paintings became slower, and the palette was often reduced, as in Number 13, to just black and white, or to primary hues.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.