Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Bosch, Hieronymus (1450-1516)
Noah's Ark on Mount AraratDate: 1500-04
Movement: Renaissance (Northern)
Theme: Old Testament
Technique: Oil on wood
Museum: Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen
Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands
Dimensions: 69 x 38 cm.
There are two panels in Rotterdam thought to have belonged to a triptych the central panel of which is lost. The panel are painted both sides, the obverse sides representing the Fall of the Rebel Angels and Noah's Ark on Mount Ararat, respectively, while on the reverse sides two tondos each representing scenes of Mankind Beset by Devils.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.