Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Beccafumi, Domenico di Pace (1486-1551)
Theme: New Testament
Technique: Oil on wood
Museum: Pinacoteca Nazionale
Size: 152 x 228 cm
In a theme that was majestically treated by Masaccio a century earlier, Beccafumi does not retain an orderly sense of scale for his figures, so that God the Father and the crucified Christ are much smaller in relation to the side saints (Sts Cosmas and John the Baptist at left, Sts John the Evangelist and Damian at right). All of his figures seem to deny pure volumetric presence, this despite the fact that Beccafumi was accomplished both as a bronze sculptor and painter.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.