Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Batoni, Pompeo (1708 - 1787)
Virgin and Child with SaintsDate: not dated
Technique: Oil on canvas
Museum: Pinacoteca di Brera
Size: 403 x 288 cm,
Notes: The painting originates from the church of Santi Cosma e Damiano alla Scala in Milan. The represented saints are Joseph, Zachariah, Elizabeth, and the young St John the Baptist.
This canvas is one of the first paintings of religious subject-matter executed by the artist.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.