Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Balen, Hendrick van (1575 - 1632)
Pun pursuing SyrinxDate: possibly after 1615
Technique: Other/Unknown technique
Museum: National Gallery
Technique: Oil on copper
Size: 25 x 19 cm
This is thought to be a work in which Hendrick van Balen the Elder painted the figures, and the landscape was executed by a follower of Jan Brueghel the Elder. The composition was probably inspired by a print of 'Pan and Syrinx' by Hendrick Goltzius
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.