Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Baciccio (1639 - 1709)
Portrait of Cardinal Giulio SpinolaDate: not dated
Technique: Oil on canvas
Museum: National Gallery of Australia
Size: framed: 97 x 125 x 5.5 cm,
Notes: This lively portrait captures the Genoese-born Cardinal looking up from reading a letter which he holds delicately in his fine fingers.The cascading, reflective fabric in the background and the shine of luscious velvet of his cape demonstrates Gaulliâ€™s skill in illusionistic techniques. He studied the work of Corregio in Parma and was encouraged and influenced by Bernini.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.