Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Avelli, Francesco Xanto (c. 1487 - c. 1542)
Plate with Hero leaping to her death from her tower and the drowned Leander; in the center, a shield of armsDate: 1538
Technique: Other/Unknown technique
Museum: National Gallery of Art
Location: Washington, DC, USA
Technique: tin-glazed earthenware (maiolica),
Size: (diameter): 26.7 cm,
Notes: Attributed to Francesco Xanto Avelli and a collaborator, probably in Urbino; probably lustered in the workshop of Maestro Giorgio Andreoli of Gubbio, or by Vicenzo Andreoli, Urbino,
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.