Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Angelico, Fra (ca.1400 - 1455)
Perugia Altarpiece (The Story of St Nicholas: Giving Dowry to Three Poor Girls)Date: ca. 1437
Museum: Vatican Pinacoteca
Location: Vatican City, Italy
Dimensions: 34 x 60 cm
This scene refers to the most popular legend concerning this fourth-century churchman. He reputedly tossed bags of gold through the open window of a house, providing the three women who lived within with dowries and thus saving them from turning to prostitution. The event is shown, with two other scenes from the saint's life, in one of the predella panels from the altarpiece.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.