Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Andrea, da Firenze (Active 1343 - 1377)
Descent of Christ to LimboDate: 1365-68
Movement: Medieval & Gothic Art
Theme: New Testament
Museum: Santa Maria Novella
Notes: This is one of the scenes on the wall opposite to the entrance of the chapel. This wall is covered with scenes of the Passion and Resurrection of Christ. Instead of painting the scenes in many panels, as the Giottesque artists did, Andrea carried out the narration of the Passion in a continuous fashion, with the scenes following as in a film. The Descent is on the lower right side of the wall.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.