Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Albertinelli, Mariotto (1474-1515)
Sacrifice of IsaacDate: c. 1509-13
Theme: Old Testament
Technique: Oil on fiberboard
Museum: Yale University Art Gallery
Location: New Haven, CT, USA
Size: 23.6 x 17.6 x 0.48 cm,
Notes: Albertinelli painted these scenes at the time of his association with the painter Fra Bartolommeo; a number of such panels were listed in the inventory of their workshop when they dissolved the partnership. As they are painted on thin walnut panels, which are an unusual support for Florentine paintings but not uncommon in furniture, they may have been intended for the painted decoration of a cupboard.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.