Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Albani, Francesco (1578 - 1660)
Spring (Venus at her Toilet)Date: 1616-17
Technique: Oil on canvas
Museum: Galleria Borghese
Size: diameter 154 cm,
Notes: Francesco Albani, an exponent of the classical ideal, chose a format for his four tondos which, in his own words, "softened" his pictorial expression. The subject matter is taken from Philostratus (Eikones I,6) who describes the games of cupids throughout the four seasons: throwing apples in spring, the fiery furnace of summer, Venus and Adonis taking their farewell in autumn and sleep in winter.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.