Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Ackermann, Franz (1963-)
New BuildingDate: 1999
Movement: Art Now / Recent
Technique: Oil on canvas
Museum: Private collection
Size: 260 x 200 cm
Ackermann paints New Building as a package holiday resort spiralling out of control. Destination: doesn't matter. This exact development could be found anywhere. His warped perspective and candy-coloured banners compose an off-kilter composition, both unsettling and jubilant. A triumph of marketing over nature, his hard-edged abstraction springs like Poseidon's gift from the sea: the new universal symbol for beach.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.