Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Elisabetta Sirani born in 1638, Bologna. Her father was a painter, assistant of Guido Reni who was Elisabetta's first master. By the age of 17 she had over 90 works. Before she died in her early age of 27 completed another 80 works. The details of her training are uncleaned, but her style shows the influence of Reni-sentimental idealized depiction.
She used dramatic light, strong chiaroschuro and fine colors. Sirani painted religious, mythological themes and portraits too but none of the portraits has survived. Her two sisters were also painters.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.