Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Riesener, Henri FrancoisDate of birth and death: 1767-1828
Nationality: FrenchUploaded artworks: 11
Henri Francois Riesener was a French painter, son of Jean-Henri Riesener (1734-1806), French cabinetmaker of German birth. His son Léon Riesener (1808-78) was also painter, and he was the uncle of Eugene Delacroix. He specialized in portraits and was also known as a miniaturist.
He studied with Jacques-Louis David, and exhibited in Salons from 1793-1827. After a certain success in Paris during the Empire, he worked in Warsaw then became a brilliant court portraitist at the court of the Tzar Alexander between 1816 and 1823.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.