Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Pater, Jean Baptiste JosephDate of birth and death: 1695 - 1736
Nationality: FrenchUploaded artworks: 11
Jean-Baptiste Pater was born in Valenciennes where he first studied with a local painter and his sculptor father before moving to Paris to train under Jean-Antoine Watteau. Dismissed by the latter, Pater attempted to make it on his own in Paris before having to return to his hometown. In 1718, he returned to Pairs and worked for some of Watteau’s clients, including his art dealer. Pater was also influenced by Flemish art. He joined the Academie Royale in 1728.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.