Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Pieter de Molyn worked out of Haarlem where he was one of the leading naturalistic landscape painters. The other major painters of this genre in the city were Jan van Goyen and Salomon van Ruysdael. All three of these artists developed a similar monochromatic style, though it is not known whether they created this approach independently or collaboratively. However, Molyn's 1626 painting, Sand Dune is the earliest dated painting of this kind. Later in his career, Molyn's career lost its momentum. He worked mostly as a draughtsman and also produced some etchings.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.