Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Born in Leiden, Jan Lievens was apprenticed to a local painter by the early age of eight. He then trained under Pieter Lastman in Amsterdam before beginning his career at twelve years old. He became a close friend of Rembrandt van Rijn and collaborated with him during the 1620Â’s. Between 1632 and 1644, Lievens spent most of his time in England and Antwerp where he came across the work of Anthony Van Dyck and Peter Paul Rubens. He returned to Holland in 1644, where despite his popularity, he had increasing financial stress.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.