Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Painter and draftsman who was the most fashionable English portrait painter of the late 18th and early 19th centuries.
Lawrence was born in Bristol. He studied at the Royal Academy in London at the age of eighteen and began exhibiting. In 1792, he was appointed King George III's Painter-in-Ordinary and subsequently became a famous and sought-after portraitist. Lawrence was knighted in 1815 and became President of the Royal Academy in 1820.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.