Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Salomon Koninck (1609-56), the cousin of Philips and Jacob, was also a painter. He was a follower of Rembrandt, imitating him in pictures of hermits, old men, and philosophers in their studies, as well as in religious scenes, and exaggerating the master's early predilection for rich exotic costumes, emphatic gestures, and dramatic contrasts of light and shadow. His work is fairly rare; there are examples in the Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam, and the Mauritshuis, The Hague.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.