Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Painter of landscapes, genrescenes, animals, seascapes, portraits, cityscapes, interiors, playing children in the pointillist and luminist style. He received his artistic training from Joors and Van Leemputten at the academy of Antwerpen. Was a pupil of the masterpainter Emile Claus. After 1920 his painting became more symbolic and Art nouveau influence perceptible. Toward the end of his life he even experimented with expressionist design. Was good friends with the writers Hugo Verriest and Stijn Streuvels. Belongs to the Latem school. Work in museum, Brussel, Brugge, Deinze.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.