Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Erich Heckel met the other founding members of the Die Brucke group, Ernst Ludwig Kirchner and Karl Schmidt-Rottluf, while studying architecture in Dresden. Their group was influenced by the Post-Impressionist style of Munch, Cezanne, and Van Gogh. After the group disbanded in 1913, Heckel was drafted and served as a medical orderly in World War I. He lived in Berlin and taught at the Karlsruhe Academy of art from 1949 to 1956.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.