Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Painter of portraits, religious and historical compositions in the Realist and Neoclassical style. Pupil of Pieter van Huffel and in Paris of Louis David. Winner of the Prix de Rome in 1814. Traveled to Rome and was there from 1823 teacher at the St.Luke. Was the protege of Antonio Canova and recognized painter of the King of Naples. On his return he became a teacher at the academy of Gent. Work in museum: Gent, Kortrijk, Amsterdam, Naples.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.