Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Gros, Baron Antoine-JeanDate of birth and death: 1771-1835
Nationality: FrenchUploaded artworks: 14
Antoine-Jean Gros studied was the son of a miniature painter and studied under David. He moved to Italy in 1791 and met Josephine Beauharnais. She introduced Gros to Napoleon, who he worked for as a war artist during his Italian campaign. He continued painting the important scenes of NapoleonÂs conquest until 1811, earning him the title of Baron. After NapoleonÂs defeat, Gros returned to painting classic mythological pieces.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.