Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Garofalo (Benvenuto Tisi), Italian painter, active mainly in Ferrara. Vasari says that he twice visited Rome, and his work - derivative but beautifully crafted - was heavily influenced by Raphael. He was the first to paint in such a manner in Ferrara and was influential in spreading the High Renaissance style. His output was large (frescos, altarpieces, small devotional works, also a few mythologies); there are many examples in Ferrarese churches and, for example, in the National Gallery, London. In 1550 he went blind.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.