Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Gaspard van Eyck was born in Antwerpen in 1613. He was a Flemish painter, specialized in seascapes and naval combats. In 1625, his name appears in the register of the St Luke Guild in Antwerp as the pupil of Andries van Eertvelt, an in 1632-33 as master. He went to Italy where he worked in Genoa. From Italy he went to Spain. In 1656, he suffered a mental crisis and he was placed under the tutelage of his brother, Hendrik van Eyck. Later he moved to Brussels where he lived until his death.
His works were much appreciated by his contemporaries, however, only few of them survived.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.